Sunday, March 31, 2019


















Here I am several weeks on since I have last posted. I don't know where the time goes, but I have been concentrating on getting my Dear Jane blocks done and haven't taken much time for anything else except the really necessary things. That is between Dear Jane and moving my things back into the now finished other side of the basement. I am not weaving yet, but it's getting close. Another van load of stuff went to Goodwill this morning!

All of the above blocks are the remaining border blocks, all the border blocks are done. They were the most fun except maybe the corner blocks. 

These are the corner, kite-shaped blocks.


 This one has 74 pieces, and although time-consuming was not difficult; really rather fun.

I thought this one was going to be the hardest but it was fairly straight-forward.
 K-9 Scout's Honor
 K-8 Springbrook Park
 K-6 Ann's Folly
 K-5 Passing Through

 K-3 Seven Sisters
 K-2 Grandpa's Chickens
 K-7 Rose of Sharing
 J-10 Chicko's Calla Lily, to day this one has been the hardest, very hard to get to lie flat but I learned a lot from doing it.
 J-12 Rebecca's Basket
 J-9 Maury High School
 J-11 Twin Sister
 J-8 Anna's Anchor
 J-3 Rick's Volley Ball Net
 J-5 John Jacob's Windmill
J-4 Adelaine's Apron Strings.

Now I have a sneaking hunch that I may have missed a few in here somewhere, but I am done with rows A-K10 and they are going fast. I did three this morning, I probably could have done another one but I wanted to do some spinning, I have been on the current spin much too long.

To recap: I have all the border blocks done and only 2 rows plus three blocks of the small center blocks done. I am going to try to finish this quilt by the end of April. At least to the top stage, I plan on quilting it in May. I started it the end of last June and it has been hanging about much too long. Of course there weeks at a time when I didn't work on it, but, even so a year is long enough. I am to the point where I am planning what will be next. So 29 blocks to go, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment