Saturday, March 2, 2019

Yesterday I finished five Dear Jane blocks and most of two more. Today I struggled to complete the two triangle one and a square one. Go figure.

These were two from February 28:

Bennington Star, H-7 and right side border 5th from the top.















Yesterday,
 H-11 Piercing Rays

 H-13 Farm Fields
 H-12 Hannah Lou's Hearts, I skipped over three in row H because I needed to reprint the patterns.
This one right side border, sixth from the top was pretty tricky, but it went together much easier than I thought and I really enjoyed it.
8th from the top was very easy, hand applique during TV last night.
 This one I also did the hand applique last night, my hearts are a little lop-sided aren't they? I finished the pieced bottom triangles this morning and it didn't take long although I wasted some time looking for the piece of paper I cut off so I could paper piece and then just decided to re-copy it.
But, this one, this morning taxed my patience to the limit. H-8 Eaten's Crossroads. The funny thing is, the center circle wasn't hard at all and went together smoothly in just a few minutes. Those darn little hourglass units were stinkers and I made several of them backwards. The small triangles finish at a half an inch on the long side and I kept getting the triangle side piece slanting the wrong way. Finally got it done but it took a lot longer than it should have. I won't use that yellow again either, it is much too pale.

I have one more square block that I will finish the applique on this afternoon, while David takes his nap, it won't take long. Two more and row H will be done, five more and the right side will be done.





In other good news the basement passed it's final construction and electrical inspections and all we have left is the final plumbing inspections. The plumbing is not quite done, but Anthony has moved into his new room and the boys are excitedly planning their move into his old room. The washer and dryer need to be hooked up and the faucets in the shower. I will start moving my furniture back in but I have to wait for the freezer to be moved back in and for David to get his desk moved in. The only difficult thing is figuring out how to make David moved a little faster, something that is not his natural inclination. I can be patient a little longer, I hope! I'll be weaving soon!

1 comment: