Thursday, April 4, 2019

Here I am a few days closer to finishing my Dear Jane. It takes some pretty intensive concentration on some of these blocks with tiny pieces. I can even mess up the blocks with bigger pieces. Yesterday I put on a couple rows of one block backwards and had to rip out. All in a day's work.

 K-11 Columbine
 K-12 Doris's Diamond
K-13 Brandon's Star

 L-1 Widow's Pane. This is one of my favorite fabrics. I bought it to re-cover Ambrosina's dining room chairs when she was married in 2001. I am down to just bits and pieces of it and it is time to re-cover the chairs again. Boys are hard on things!
 L-2 Stephanie's Snowflake

 L-3 Reflections Abound
 St. George's Cross
 L-5 Chattanooga Charlie (seems like a strange name to me)
 L-6 Maze of Madness. The little squares finish at a quarter of an inch and this was one of the more time consuming ones. I think this one was aptly named.
 L-7 Town Square

This makes the count down to nineteen remaining blocks. Yesterday I picked up the white to use for sashing to join the blocks together. I have to admit I am getting a little "Dear Jane fatigue", but I am determined to finish the blocks within the next couple of weeks, take a morning to clean out my sewing corner and finish my dress, then put it together ready to quilt. I intend to baste as soon after that as I can and get this thing done! It's been fun but I am ready to go on to something else, as yet undecided.

It's been cold and we had a little snow yesterday, but nothing like the past winter has been and I can live with that. We have a car again and I am enjoying that. We don't know how long she is going to last but I speak encouragingly to her every time I take her somewhere.

There are some other things going on and I will have an update on those tomorrow because it is time for me to get busy on some other things. I am almost tempted to take a nap but I am trying to get some handwork done this week that also has been running on too long. Basting hexagons. I have had several Ziploc bags full of cut ones and once those are basted then I can start putting them together. If I got the quilt tops done it would empty two tubs that are fast turning into UFO tubs. I want the space for other things so I have to keep at them. As of now.


No comments:

Post a Comment