Friday, August 31, 2018

Some sewing done this week. It seems as if it has been a week of interruptions, we don't mind. The boys have a four day weekend off school, so that means extra noise today. They have their cousin Jacob over so we have an extra boy to share in the commotion. We like that too. So, while there haven't been any major accomplishments this week I have been working away at the current work-in-progress. Dear Jane has become the first focus, until I run our of yellows and have to get some more. Then I will decide how I am going to put together my applique blocks. There is another one done.
I finished it last night. I am not an expert appliquer, but I enjoy it. These days that's what counts.
The latest Dear Jane, of course I can't remember the name but I think the number is B-8. It is mostly comprised of Y seams, right up my alley. I love the challenge of getting them right and I did. I have another block mostly done, just needing the applique in the corners. It was Y seams too. I'll try to get that one done tonight so I can have a picture tomorrow.

After I card another bat of wool the rest of the afternoon will be spent with applique, I have one more block prepped and then I will see what I want to do with the blocks I have done, or if I want to make any more. As usual, I don't feel there is any hurry to decide. With all of the decisions one has to make being able to take time to make a leisurely decision is a real treat.

So, time to card wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment