Friday, August 24, 2018

B-7 Baseball Diamond. Although this could have been pieced I decided to do hand applique. It didn't take long and I enjoy the work.

So, I went out to check my wool and it is not dry yet, so no picture today. We have had the wettest coldest August on record so far, the wool has been taking days to dry when it should take only hours. Gives me a chance to cultivate my patience.
As you can see the pattern is starting to emerge. This is a very fine thread 12/2 so it will take a lot of weaving, I'm happy with that. This is an overshot pattern, but I can't remember the pattern name off hand and I will have to look it up.

Tomorrow my wool should be dry and I will get a picture. Until then there is some carding waiting for me, I have found the carding takes longer than the spinning so at this point while I am spinning some I am trying to spend the bulk of the time on the carding until is done. Until tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment