Thursday, August 16, 2018

So anyway, I've been busy, busy, busy, but I haven't had a lot to show for it. This is the next to the last week before the boys start school and we have been cramming a lot into our time, getting ready and doing the last minute things we wanted to get done before the end of summer. How can summer be almost done, I'm not ready for it to be over. Next thing we know it will be cold and we will have to balance between turning on the heater for it to be warm enough but not sending the power bill up to high. Oiy.
My only finish in the last week. I have been focusing all my attention on getting this finished so I can clean out my sewing corner upstairs before we have guests this weekend. This quilt got huge 117 x 117 approx. I should have made it four blocks by four blocks, but I made it five by five, which is why it got so big.

Still and all, I really like it.

Tomorrow morning I am getting the dye pot out and dying wool. Also cleaning out my sewing corner.

Tomorrow is also David and my 44th wedding anniversary. Also Ambrosina and Leon's 17th wedding anniversary. Also Leon's brother Abe and his wife share the same anniversary and I think it's 19th for them. The 23rd is Timothy and Rosa's 10th for them. We have one big party planned for next weekend. Ambrosina and Leon are going away this weekend. Since Ambrosina has to do so much work for the party she needs to get her celebration in early.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pictures of dyed wool if all goes well. I am starting out with blue because that is the color my sister needs for her current project and she got me the wool. It's been a long time since I did any dying and I am quite excited about it. I have never used this kind of dye so it should also be very interesting. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt top is beautiful and the sashing is very different and quite striking. The ideas are lurking in my head right now lol.

    ReplyDelete