Thursday, August 2, 2018

Not much sewing went on today. Ambrosina is getting ready to paint the kitchen so I helped her carrying things out into the dining room a little. I did a bit of quilting, then a little spinning. Then I came down here to the dungeon part of the basement.
I am ready to weave in the headings. It took a little longer than I anticipated, but I got it done. This is only the second time I have tied the warp onto the rod in this manner, usually I tie it directly onto the rod but this way is a lot easier to get the tension even, I'm just not used to doing it that way yet. If I have time tomorrow I will start weaving. Tomorrow is shopping day however so it may have to wait until Saturday afternoon. I'm happy.


This came in the mail from Amazon today. I ready it in the library on Vashon over 30 years ago and wanted a copy but it was out of print. I looked it up last week and it was a really low price even with shipping so I was happy to get it. Can't wait to start some of the patterns.

I started a new lace pattern last night, I'll have pictures tomorrow. I need to recover my lace pillow and re-stuff it. I used chopped up hay last time but I see from some videos on YouTube that pillow makers are using sawdust now. I don't like the hard foam ones they don't hold as well after a few uses. I have made some foam ones and I don't like them as well. I'm just happy to be doing my lace again.

I've used that word several times. Happy, happy, happy. Life is pretty darn good!


No comments:

Post a Comment