Tuesday, April 9, 2019

I am on the countdown.
 L-12 Sally's Pride
 M-1 Dogwood Days
 L-13 Harvest Moon
 M-3 Fireweed Flower This one was deceptively difficult. I don't usually have a problem with y seams, but for some reason this one was hard. You can tell the center is off, and it doesn't really lie as flat as I prefer. I am so close to finishing I decided to leave it.
 M-2 Duff's Bluff
M-5 Mother's Point, the small squares are going the wrong directions, they should be pointing towards the center. I only just noticed it and I will fix it tomorrow.
 M-3 Enchanted Square
 M-9 Fan Dance, this is one of my favorite fabrics, by the way.
 M-7 Junko's Rose Garden
 M-10 Simple Simon
M-6 Simplicity, this one doesn't lie as flat as I would prefer either, oh well.
M-4 Stepping Stones. I got the pictures a little out of order, sorry. The thing is, I only have three blocks to go before the blocks are all done. I am pleased and it looks as if I will get them done tomorrow morning! Then I will take a few days off before I start putting it together, I need to get some other sewing done and it will be nice to take a rest.

In other news, I finished the spin I had on the big wheel. I think this yarn turned out beautiful.
 There is what some people call 'barber poling' which shows the contrast of the plies. I love it myself although not everyone does. There are several different things I would like to use this yarn, for so I will have to decide. I've got time to decide because I am only about half done with the hat and scarf sets I am making for next fall, and since this yarn is wool no one but me wants it,
It looks like I will get several things wrapped up this week. That always makes me happy.

We are expecting a winter storm, a serious winter storm. I think it's name is Wesley, something starting with a W anyway. We are supposed to get blizzard, ice storms and T storms. It's supposed to last three days. I know it is very cloudy and David just came in and said it's getting cold outside. We had two lovely nice days in a row. I hope that is not all the spring we are going to get. David is taking a nap right now, maybe I will too. I do feel awfully sleepy.

I also have to plan the next sewing project. Maybe the planning is the best part?

No comments:

Post a Comment