Sunday, January 13, 2019



So here we are with the basement completely sheet-rocked. Taping and mudding start tomorrow. Poor David says he feels useless because he can no longer do the major part of the work. There is still plenty for him to do, but Ambrosina and Anthony did all of the sheet-rock work. And they are going to do most of the taping too. The fact is they are going fast and he is too slow. It may be only a couple of weeks before we have a completed bathroom! Woo hoo!


This is my first completed quilt of 2019. I call it A Bale Of Turtles. While I was working on it we had a discussion about what a group of turtles is called so David googled it. A group of turtles is called a bale so that is what I named it. It's a pretty good sized quilt, I haven't measured it yet so I don't know what the final measurement is, around 90 inches I think. This one will be for sale. This is the 5th turtle quilt, four of them went to grandkids in Washington State.
And the back. Scrappy pieced, of course. I chose to put those fabrics together because they were approximately the same weight of fabric.

Anyway, glad it's done and onto the next, which will be the Dresden Plate, the last basted. That one is huge, about 120x120. It grew and grew. It will be a true quilt wrestling experience.

I am nearly done with the second part of spinning the red fiber that I showed a couple of months ago. After that I will ply the two parts together and it will be finished and I will have to find something else to spin. I haven't been in any hurry to finish it and I lost a lot of time when I was sick but I expect I will be finished with it in less than a couple of weeks, and I don't know what will come after that yet.

Car still not running yet and David is in no hurry to work on it. Same old, same old. I don't even know why I let it bother me any more. Need an attitude adjustment.

Anyway, I am still thinking about what my next project will be, I haven't finished my dress because I forgot to get thread when I was at Walmart and nobody will be going there very soon so I have to wait on that. There are only buttonholes and hem left so it's come pretty far, and it's looking pretty good.

So tomorrow, I guess I'll start on the Dresden Plate, I think I am going to enjoy that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment