Thursday, January 24, 2019

Here she is, my second completed quilt of 2019. I named her "Titania". My third son, Anthony, saw me working on it and said that I was quilting the Titanic and if I wasn't careful it would go down and take all my machines with it. That seemed a suitable name. I couldn't get it all in the picture; there are two rows on the other side of the rail. The top before quilting was 125x125 inches and it was heavy to quilt under Julia Juki. I made do with just basic quilting because it was just to heavy to do anything fancy. There won't be any more finished quilts for a while. This one was the last basted and I can't really baste any more until the basement gets finished and I can unpack everything. I have a few small projects to work on and I am going to try to really make time with the Tumbler pillow shams I want to make for my bed. I also want to get my current spin finished because there is some shaded yellow roving I want to get at the yarn/fiber store to spin until I can get some more raw wool from my sister. I'm taking this opportunity to clean out my sewing corner upstairs.
 I got this roll of drapery fabric at my favorite thrift shop and I honestly love it. It was rally nice to have enough of one fabric to make an entire back. I still had to piece it because of course it wasn't wide enough, but still it was quite easy, compared to my usual small pieces of different fabric I have to piece together.

Some close-ups.

I love the warm fuzzy glow I get when I finally finish a big project. It lasts for a couple of days, at least until I start the next one!

These are the Tumblers for the long bolster pillow for my bed, I have enough rows now so I started putting them together after lunch. This is Ambrosina's new ironing board and I have to say I am not really impressed. It's not as long as a regular ironing board, and you can't hang things over the blunt edge against the door. The door wobbles back and forth unless you put it against the door jam and if you do that you can't hang things over the pointy end. Also when you get out to the pointy end with the iron it gets spongy.
When we lived up in Groton I bought an ironing board that was in a cupboard to install, but it never happened so I brought it with us when we moved down here. It has now been installed down here but I have to wait to use it until the basement is done.
Under the stairs for storage and a place for the freezer.
Office, aka Anthony's room.
Bathroom.


 Laundry/mechanical room/dye kitchen.
View towards the already finished part of the bedroom.
Outside door. The whole part has been primed and is ready to be painted, next the floor and then the bathroom goes in, it's progressing! We are all please because every one is getting tired of the mess, David can't do as much as he wants to so he gets to feeling depressed.

So I think that is everything caught up. I'm still doing a lot of knitting, but I think I am going to try to get to some of the hexagon blocks that are waiting to be put together. They are not packed away and it would be easy to get at them. I'll have to wait and see. There is always plenty to do.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment