Monday, April 23, 2018

We had Spring yesterday, and today! Yippie!!!!

We got the car running, sort of. There are at least 3 problems with it and we can't afford to fix it. We can't leave the battery hooked up or it won't start again until we unhook it and then hook it back up. At least we can do short errands. I went and ordered the part for the sewing machine today. When I got home I didn't get a pin pulled out in time and broke the needle so I can't use Julia Juki until the part comes.
The needle clam screw broke right off last time I changed the needle. Also the thread guide that is on it had broken off previously so it was time for a new one anyway.

So I switched over to Brunhilde the Viking. She's not as good for piecing as Julia but she is a wonderful machine for other things.

I am finally getting around to finishing the Feathered Star blocks I found in the attic last year.
I'm not sure I like that. I'll have to think about it. The next border planned is pink and green nine patches that I will have to get done before I can plan the coping strip to go between the Ohio Stars and it. I may change those Ohio Stars and put a coping strip between. I don't know, the way it is sort of grates on me a little. David likes it. He however, is an uncritical viewer so I can't really get anything definite from him. I will see what Ambrosina says, she has no problem with telling me if something doesn't look right, which is why I value having her opinion. She's usually right too.

I'll think about it until tomorrow. If I don't grow to like it I can always take them off and use them somewhere else. I only have sixteen with that background and no more of the fabric. Meanwhile I can still hunt out the nine patches and go to work on them.

Spring cleaning is coming along pretty good. I can see the workbench! And the treadle. And it's warm enough to work down here in the evenings again. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment