Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I decided I didn't like the way I had it yesterday and took the border off. After I had put the solid inner border on I didn't have enough Ohio Star blocks with the same background so I put some with dark background in the corners. The result is much better. Trying to mix fabrics from 30 years ago, with fabrics from 20 years ago, with fabrics from 10 years ago, to fabrics I got recently is a little tricky. Always interesting though. The colors are a little washed out under the flash.

Next I have some pink and green nine patches that I started a long time ago that I will use in a border. I used to make a lot of medallion quilts but haven't for a long time now. I had forgotten how much fun they are. When I found the feathered star blocks it seemed a perfect time to make another one. I have five blocks left and I am not sure how I will use them yet.

Well, we had our two days of Spring. It's cold and rainy, but at least it's not snowing. The western part of the state is getting snow and I am glad we don't live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment