Friday, April 20, 2018

Spring cleaning is going on even if we are not having a Spring this year. We had a blizzard on Tuesday. Ambrosina is cleaning out the attic and brought down stuff I had forgotten I have. We have a whole truck load to take to Goodwill.

Although I don't think it is wise for Ambrosina to take her maternity clothes and the baby clothes to Goodwill, I always got pregnant as soon as I did that.

She also found a tub of quilt scraps that someone had given her. She says she doesn't have time to quilt and said David and I could fight over them, ha ha.
There are some pieced blocks which I will use on the backs of quilts when I piece a back. I have had a lot of fun going through them, I needed a fresh infusion in my small stash.

Meanwhile down here, I had to have space to put things she brought down, although I am not keeping a lot of what she found, I need a place to put what I am keeping. So I am cleaning down here too, although slower than what she is doing.
 I moved the TV to the closet shelf. The plan is to made sliding doors and use them for my design wall.
 I brought both the treadle and the New Home Vintage into the bedroom. We plan to get a smaller heater for the bedroom so we can afford to heat it and then I can get more done down here.
Although I have a lot of stuff yet to put away, I did get my small stash organized and the yardage wound onto cardboard so I can see what I have.

You can't see it but my workbench is under there somewhere. I moved it in from the dungeon part of the basement so I can work on my stained glass and jewelry where it is warmer, more light and less dirt.

As can be seen I have a long way to go, but I am getting there.

Meanwhile, it's supposed to be getting warmer, so maybe I can get some work down here done.

There's my weaving to look forward to, when it is warmer.

I am so ready for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment