Sunday, February 24, 2019

I made the decision to repeat fabrics in my Dear Jane. With only about half the center blocks done it is just not realistic to try to use only a fabric only once. The first reason is that I haven't been able to find enough yellows in Sioux Falls unless I wait for the new lines to come out seasonally and I want to get this quilt finished, at least until the top is done. The second reason is that I just cannot afford it. With so many other uses for my money I have to be practical.

I started it last June, I would really like to finish it by June this year. That being said, there is still a lot of work to be done and I don't know if I will be able to manage it.
 G-12 Gloriae
 G-13 Mollie's Muffin
H-1 Peek-a-boo, this is the first fabric repeat. I had already decided to repeat in the border, which is why I am doing the border blocks at the same time as the center blocks.


These complete the top border row.

To recap: I have finished rows A-G of the center blocks which makes those a little over half done; I have completed the top border row of triangles, so that makes the border a quarter finished. Realistic to complete the top by June? I am not sure, there were long periods of time when I didn't work on if for some reason or other, but we will see. At some time in the near future I will have to move my furniture back in and unpack all my stuff, then there is Spring cleaning and construction clean-up to be done which will limit time. But life happens to all of us and I will just have to take it as it comes along. All in all, I am satisfied. This quilt is not going to be perfect, that's not the point. It keeps me interested and it is fun. I am thoroughly enjoying it, and after all that's the reason I am doing it, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment