Saturday, February 16, 2019

I have to say these triangle blocks are so much fun! 2nd one across the top, in the picture it looks slightly askew, but it's not.
G-7 Indianapolis, also fun and fairly quick, and I do love curved piecing.
 This is the yarn I got day before yesterday. This is the acrylic I got from Joann's, one pound each, happily it was on sale. I won't have to buy more for a while. Later this week I will stack up all the scarves and hats I have finished for a picture. I am about half done with a blue and white scarf for Timothy. That will make it 7 our of 24 sets done, I have a long way to go!
This is the yarn I really like. A fine sports weight wool yarn, I am trying to get enough for a Fair Isle sweater. Some of the lighter colors might get dyed so that I have enough different colors to get a good, distinct pattern. No hardship there I love dyeing, and would dye everything if I could afford it. I'd also spend a lot more on wool yarn if I had the money, but since I don't I will try to appreciate the things I can get, especially as I can't start my sweater until I get a lot more hats and scarves done. I like to get the work out of the way and then I can take more pleasure in the play!

Anyway all knitting is a pleasure even if some of it is with the acrylic yarn.

I have been busy spending part of my hand sewing time on basting hexagons for the next hexagon quilt. I have several jars, I like to put things in glass jars so I can see what I have, cut out that needed basting before I start putting it together, but since the basting part is pretty boring, I don't spend all my hand sewing time on them and divide the time between the basting and knitting, work first then fun. In times past, I always did the work and boring part first and then never had time for the fun part, now I am making sure I do both. Balance is good.

So speaking of work, time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment