Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kael's quilt out on the porch rail looks pretty good. Maybe a little like a swastika, I'm afraid, but the pattern name is rail fence. I will bring it in before meeting tonight and wash it then get the rest of the paper I used for the quilting pattern off, I hope. Well I learned what NOT  to do, and I guess that's as important as learning WHAT to do. When I figure out how I will post pictures of the finished quilt, maybe some pictures of some of the others I have done. I always hang them from the porch or clothesline, depending on what house we are living in, for a day as a sort of "Look, see what I did" sort of thing since a lot of time, materials and energy go into the finished product.

I am trying to wind warp for the coverlet, but the weather has been so bad since I started feeling better and I have the warping wheel under the back porch out in the back of the house so I can't really wind when it is wet out. The goal is to get the six warp sections wound before we leave for Washington in three weeks so it is ready for me to dress the loom as soon as we get back. Getting exciting around here!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment