Friday, December 7, 2018



As my mother would have said: "Oh my achin' back!" I got all four of the tops I aimed for basted. Dresden Plate, top; more Drunkard's Path Turtles, center; Pinwheel Nine Patch, bottom. Not shown is a Tumblers bed/table runner that I am going to turn into a pillow sham for a bolster for my bed. I was so tired when I got to it that I forgot to take a picture. I am thinking that I will do that one first so I can get it done and get it out of my way and onto my bed.
I got this 20 yard roll of batting online and I am quite happy with it. It is folded double on the roll and so is a bit inconvenient, but not badly so. It's more easily stored that way and that is huge in my limited space down here. I took two quilts off of it and pieced the other two from my tub of scrap batting, almost emptying that tub. It pays to save the scraps though, I got the last quilt and the runner out of scraps and that saved quite a bit of money. I finished up just before the boys started getting home from school. Sammy has a thing about my basting pins and if he sees any I am not going to use he asks if he can have them. He doesn't quite understand that even if  I didn't use them this time I probably will the next. I should just buy him a box and wrap them up for a present.

The Dresden Plate quilt is the biggest I have ever made at 120 by 120 inches. It just kept growing. It will truly be quilt wrestling when I get to it. I intend to do the smaller ones first just because I don't have much space to put basted quilts in while they are waiting to be quilted. Then also, I can prepare myself mentally for the job that quilting will be on the big one.

For now, also as my mother would have said, "I'm pooped!" I don't even know if I will be up to any hand work, at least until after a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment