Thursday, December 6, 2018

 I am doing the long sleeved dress. I am not making it as long either, not only does it use less fabric I would be constantly tripping over it.
This is the fabric, it's a fairly light-weight knit fabric. I don't care for most knits, but this one is OK. I don't think that it will take long to make it, I'm just so busy with alterations for the next week. I will get time after that.
 This is the first skirt, and it was just a hem. The longest part was cutting off the excess hem and that was only because my scissors are so dull. I need to get them sharpened.
This leather coat needed a new collar. The old one was badly worn but the owner just didn't want to give up his coat so he said just cover it, but that's doing it the hard way and I just cut it off made a new one of fabric and top-stitched it onto the stub of the collar that was left it was fast and easy and my sewing machine has no problems with leather. Ambrosina's couldln't have handled and I have to say my Viking couldn't either. My Juki is one tough girl!

So that is where I am at this week. Tomorrow I will be basting so I can quilt. The tops are starting to pile up again!

They are installing duct work for the remodel. David hasn't felt good so he hasn't done a lot, he has the virus the kids had last week. I told him he had better not give it to me, but he will probably share, he usually does; I don't imagine that with everyone else having had it I will escape. But until I do I have plenty to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment