Monday, November 5, 2018

Crazy quilt Al Beasly's ties. It's not a very big quilt and I kept it simple. The blocks themselves have to be over 25 maybe 30 years and I felt it was time to get it done. I quilted some by hand in quilt-as-you go but decided to go a different route because I was never going to get it done. So now it's ready to quilt.

 If you can't read the date on this magazine it is August 1950, older than me!

Sometimes I get a hankering to make baby clothes, and I had some baby yarn that had been sitting around for quite a while. I really enjoy looking through all those old vintage magazines I have and this caught my eye. It took about a week to knit and now Grace has a sweater set to wear.

I've been sort of between quilts for the last few days and haven't been able to decide which direction to go. My printer isn't working so I haven't been able to print out any Dear Jane patterns. Don't know what is wrong with it but it's over 10 years old and I have a feeling it's ready to be replaced.
Well this quilt has been a long time in the planning and I have collected tons of lace over the years, and since everything was at hand I decided to give it a go. This block didn't take long so I don't think the quilt will take long, but I will only use a small part of the lace I have collected.

With the downstairs in such confusion and everything packed away, I feel like I'm sort of just marking time right now. I know that I have gotten several things finished but it doesn't really seem like I have accomplished much. Of course, the time change last weekend doesn't help much, everybody seems tired and listless this week.

However I need to get a grip on myself and start making some progress on something this afternoon. I can always decide on a new knitting project and that is always fun! There is nothing I enjoy more than starting a new project. I just don't want to add to the UFO tub when I am supposed to be emptying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment