Monday, October 15, 2018


Nearly ready to start work. Almost everything is moved out. The loom is going to be covered in plastic, I wouldn't risk it out under the porch. It has been a lot of work to get it to this point and I haven't had time to do much else.
This isn't going to get any better until the other side is done. I have put everything away that can be put away but there is a lot of stuff there from the other side that I will want handy while they are working over there. I guess as long as we can get through to the stairs we will be all right.

This is my next spin, it's going to be a long one because I am spinning lace weight. Or trying to, I think it would be better on the small wheel but it has now been put in storage until the other side is done so I am making do with the bigger wheel. I am trying a new technique and it is taking a bit of effort, but worth it as it will improve my skills. I love the colors in this roving, which I purchased because I fell in love with the colors.
I have been quilting a little every day but not a lot. Only about an hour or so a day, I've been so busy elsewhere. Still having trouble with the thread breaking so it's very slow. Maybe that accounts for my lack of enthusiasm.

We had snow yesterday and it's cold. Sigh.
I finished this scarf yesterday, it's knitted in a technique called entrelac, one of my favorite styles of knitting.

So I have had a very busy week, I won't be able to do much more down here in the basement, at least until it's time to do the finishing so maybe I'll get back into a routine again. It will be so lovely to have the whole basement heated so I can use it. And no more dirt the way it has been. Also no more trudging up and down the stairs for the bathroom. I am so looking forward to having it done, I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment