Monday, October 29, 2018

I have not been having a lot of time these last few days to get much done. A couple of Dear Jane blocks, but I am out of ink in the printer to print off the next paper piecing blocks so that will have to wait until payday.
 E-7 Bread Basket, for some reason the top left corner looks off in the picture, but it isn't, go figure.
E-8 Mama's Maze
E-9 Quilt Jail

So, yesterday, I was down here in the basement almost ready to go to meeting when Ambrosina comes running down and tells me dad is up in the bathroom and he needs me. Well, for her to do that means that it is something big so I go dashing up the two flights of stairs and there he is in the bathroom with his ankle spurting blood. I've never seen that much blood and that includes when Matthew cut his foot open with an axe. It looks like there has been an axe murder. I put pressure on his ankle and Ambrosia called 911 because it wasn't letting up.
Turns out he scratched his ankle and he has varicose veins one of which ruptured, this was a ten inch long steady stream under pressure, of course, so they got the bleeding under control and we went to the e-room. This is not all that uncommon in men his age and it is just one more of those ageing things we have to deal with.

The doctor said he is not surprised we came in and told me how to deal with it in the future, because if it happened once it is likely to happen again. Does add a bit of excitement to the afternoon. We are going to have to put him in compression socks. He goes to the doctor on Wednesday to check that all is ok and we are going to see if there is a long-term solution to the problem. He is fine although very tired from work on the basement and he took yesterday (naturally) and today off and is planning to start framing the walls tomorrow. We'll see.

Leon is going to take next week off because they didn't get as much done as they had hoped, which is never a surprise.

The new, bigger hot water heater is in, in it's new place and the sub-floor with rigid foam insulation under it is done. already I can feel a slight difference in the temperature down here. David loves doing framing he says he could do it in his sleep and they don't anticipate that taking long.

While I am waiting to get ink for my printer I dug out another UFO. This one is so old it wasn't even
in the UFO tub. A crazy quilt made of neckties. I squared up the blocks ready to join this morning. Some of the fabric is very beautiful, but made very ugly ties. More on this in a future post. I am running short of time and have a few more things I need to get done this afternoon. Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow to go into the history of some of the ties, and the plan I have for these blocks.

So until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment