Thursday, October 25, 2018

Finished this morning. I named it "Ribbon Candy" because when I showed Ambrosina the top she said it looked like a bag of ribbon candy. This is a totally scrappy quilt and I think that some of the blocks lack definition, there is not enough contrast. It took me forever to quilt because of constant thread breakage. It is done though and I am glad!
This is the back. I tried to echo the ribbon candy effect in some of the borders by doing a back and forth pattern across them. I really like how the quilting looks. I don't usually do backs all one color because I don't often have enough of any one fabric, but I got a big roll of drapery fabric at a thrift shop. I hope to do it this way more often but we will have to see how the finances work.
In another finish this week, these gloves. I have never knit gloves before. I found they were fast and easy. They look better on than they do here where they are blocked and on a towel. When they are dry I am going to add some "bling" by embroidering some beads and sequins on the back. They are for a bridal gift for a winter wedding, for someone who likes bling. Ambrosina is doing the wedding gown so I know what the bride likes.





 So here we are on the basement project. The drains passed inspection this morning and they are framing the floor. The new, bigger hot water heater is going in this afternoon and they are trying to get that done as well as the floor framing so they can be inspected before the weekend. Our room down here is filthy from all the dust they have created, but once the floor is done I can get some of the worst dirt cleaned up. This is not a complaint, I am so happy to have a bathroom down here I would dance if I could do the moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment