Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mid September already, the boys are in their 2nd week of school, and the house is very quiet. I decided not to put another quilt on the frame and a good thing too it has been unseasonably cold and wet. Leon decided to repair the back porch so I can't even walk out there for now. Soon Ambrosina will start putting plastic on the windows ready for winter. Malachi's quilt is finished, but as usual I can't find the camera to post pictures.
A couple of weeks ago I found a wonderful buy at a rummage sale: tons of closet organizing shelves for 35 bucks. So the bedroom is torn up while David was hanging them and now I have to put it all back, but wow! can I ever get more into the closet wall. Ambrosina told me not to keep anything I don't want to move again so a new house is on the books somewhere down the road. It has also made me look at all my junk with fresh eyes, so, yes I am unloading a ton of stuff. When we moved David's wardrobe we found the bed frame wouldn't allow him to open the doors of it so we took all the stuff from underneath and took the frame out. I will miss my beautiful bed, but we really needed the space more. David took it to a consignment store and I hope it will sell soon because we need to make a frame to set the mattress on, it's a little hard to stand up as low as it is.
I am not working on a quilt right now. Etina wanted me to make a quiet book for the boys so I hauled the pattern out of the tub it was in and hunted out my felt. I am about halfway done and I want to get it done so we can mail it in October. It's kind of a fun thing to do and I am about halfway done. I will take some pictures when I get it done, hopefully I will be able to find my camera to take pictures so I can post. I will try to post more regularly after this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment