Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Most days I can sew a little and spin a little, but not much else. I have been having some pretty bad back pain so 'I haven't accomplished a whole lot. I have been getting a lot of  'since you are 65' type of mail which is annoying, I won't be that age until August, although I will only admit to 29, and only if I am pressed. What is extremely annoying is when they put it on a postcard and announce it to the whole world. Just one of my pet peeves.

So anyway, David is working on my countertop in the laundry room so I will have a surface to dye on. He will probably pile it high with his crap, he never puts anything away. I am beginning to sound disgruntled, gotta work on that glass half full attitude. Back pain seems to cause bad moods.





 The pictures make it look darker than it actually is. The tiles are odds and ends we bought a long time ago and this is the last of them. It is going to be prettier than it seems right now and I will enjoy having it once I get David's stuff put away. We will have a coffee maker on it and and electric kettle. Maybe in time a small microwave. We will have to see about that.
This is another little job I am doing. Pinning all the rest of my Drunkard's Path pieces I have cut out. Once I am through with these it will be the last of the solid colored fabrics I have and everything else will be prints which I really prefer. Might as well get some odds and ends worked through while I am off my feet. A little boring but I can always turn the TV on while I am doing it.

The last few days the weather has been joyous, I start to feel better about most things when the sun is warm.
This is my beautiful hand-dyed roving being prepped to spin. I can't wait to start but I have to, I have a spin on Sweetheart that has to be finished first, although that is coming along fine too. When I can spin that is.
It looks far more orange than it actually is, the orange is all on the outside of the balls. I should get some lovely barber poling when it is plied. Can't wait!

And this is the first ply of the current spin balled up and ready to go when I finish the other ply that is on the bobbin right now, that bobbin is almost half done so it is coming along pretty fast. When it is done then I will bring Big Girl upstairs to ply. She has a huge bobbin and can take the whole skein without trouble. The color gradations done show really well in the ball, but the colors are lovely and will show better in the skein. I am trying for a fingering weight.

So that is what I have been up to the last couple of weeks. Right now I am going to go take a hot shower. The hot water on my back feels so good and gives me a little relief. I am just glad to be able to do the little I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment